Dangerous Goods Awareness Training - will focus on dangerous goods transportation by air. After successful completion of the course, participants are expected to:
- Be able to identify dangerous goods
- Be able to identify the classes of dangerous goods
- Recognize and identify the hazard/ handling labels applicable to dangerous goods
- Be able to identify dangerous goods package use and package specification marking
- Be able to identify potential hidden hazards in cargo
- Be familiar with loading and storage procedures
- Be aware of the provisions for dangerous goods in baggage for passenger and crew
- Be familiar with dangerous goods emergency response procedures
Date & Location: Monday 2 December 2019 from 9:00 till 17:00 at the UNHAS Office Conference Room, Juba Tomping.
Target Audience: Staff working in aviation/logistics/procurement/warehousing.
General information regarding the training
NOMINATION DEADLINE: Monday, 25 November 5 PM. We will confirm the list of accepted participants by Thursday, 28 November.
HOW TO NOMINATE: Please apply using the separate online form for each nominee: Online form
In case you experience any issues with the online form, please contact email@example.com
COSTS: The training is free of charge for the participants. UNHAS will provide tea/coffee breaks (and lunch/snacks). Organizations need to provide transport to and from the venue. All administrative instructions will follow once all participants are confirmed.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: Interested organisations can nominate up to two candidates. We can accommodate up to 20 participants for each training session. In the process of online registration an option will be offered to choose preferred training session date, due to limited number of participants per session, there is no guarantee that a nominee will be given a slot on selected date.