For more information on each in-person GLM meeting, please click on the icon in each city.
The Logistics Cluster Global Logistics Meetings (GLM) are held twice per year and bring together representatives from organisations involved in humanitarian logistics responses. These meetings are a forum for strategic discussions on the Logistics Cluster, its partners and humanitarian logistics, and provide an opportunity to confer on relevant operations, collect feedback from partner organisations on Logistics Cluster performance, and discuss ideas, solutions and new research relevant to the field of humanitarian logistics.
The last GLM was held in June 2023 in Budapest and established a commitment for the Logistics Cluster to recalibrate its work against the cluster mandate, field needs, and values and cross-cutting topics. Based upon the various requests by partners to have more localised meetings, the upcoming GLM will follow a hybrid format, being both online and in-person in several regional and field locations.
The November Logistics Cluster Global Logistics Meeting (GLM)
The GLM will be held over three days: Tuesday 28, Wednesday 29 and Thursday 30 of November 2023.
Participants can join the meeting in two different ways:
- Only online or
- In-person with online sessions
There will be no in-person meeting at the global level. All in-person meetings will be held in the following locations:
- Regional level: Bangkok, Dakar, Dubai, Johannesburg, Nairobi, and Panama.
- Country level: Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Nigeria, South Sudan, Syria, and Venezuela.
Each day will have a different focus:
- Day 1, Tuesday November 28: Online global updates live streamed, available in the morning or afternoon Central European Time (CET)
- Day 2, Wednesday November 29: In-person meeting to discuss global and on contextualized topics.
- Day 3, Thursday November 30: Online academic marketplace presenting recent research and insight on humanitarian logistics.
The online meetings timing is provided in Central European Time (CET), while the in-person meetings will have different timings based on their locations.