WFP is providing a Catamaran, the Vittoria, to the humanitarian Community working in Lebanon. The passenger service is available to all UN agencies and OCHA-accredited NGOs, and embassy officials with the proper documentation. Any other requests for travel will be considered on a case-by-case basis
The ferry will sail on Mondays and Fridays as per the following schedule:
Larnaca – Beirut
Beirut – Larnaca
07:30 – Passengers arrive at Larnaca Port Passenger Terminal
13:30 – Passengers arrive at Beirut Port Passenger Terminal
08:00 – Embark
14:00 – Embark
09:00 – Departure
15:00 – Departure
14:00 – ETA Beirut
20:00 – ETA Larnaca
NOTE: additional days may be added as needed.
Transit Application Procedures
- Prospective passengers should complete the Passenger Request Form included in the paperwork requirements section.
- A set of all required documents should be sent, along with the application form, to the travel agency and copy the WFP travel focal point in the port of embarkation (see key contacts).
- Passenger Request Form – The Passenger Request Form is attached at the end of this document.
- Copy of Passport
- Letter from Agency – The letter should indicate expected activities in Lebanon as well as verify association/employment with a humanitarian organization. This is not necessary if the traveler is with a UN agency.
- Applicable Visas – If required.
- Applicable Security Clearance – For UN personnel.
Bookings have to be made at the following Travel Agents and Focal Points:
Agencies & Key Contacts
Agency: Knossos Travel
Focal Point: Mr. Marios Hadjipanayis & Ms. Daniela Theodotou
Office Phone: +357 246 64 880
Fax: +357 246 64 882
Address: 20 Polygirou Street, Office #2 & 3, P.O. Box 42716, 6502 Larnaca –
Focal Point: Rida International Travel and Tourism
Focal Point: Mr. Elie Nammour
Office Phone: +961 4 718 790
Fax: +961 4 718 758; +961 4 718 759
Address: Jal El Dib Highway – Al Arz Center – 4th Floor, P.O. Box 90-1477,
Additional Contacts: Ms. Nadine El Alam (email@example.com)
WFP – United Nations World Food Program
Focal Point: Nathalie Butcher, WFP Logistics Officer
Mobile: +357 9920 9428
Focal Point: Rima Sawaya, WFP Logistics Officer
Mobile: +961 70 908 546