Document type Other
Publication date 13/05/2008
2. CLUSTER ACTIVITIES UPDATES
3. AIR TRANSPORT
4. WATER TRANSPORT
- The Logistics Cluster meeting took place today in Bangkok. 55 participants out of 44 organizations attended the meeting.
- The Logistics Cluster is requesting partners to kindly submit cargo forecast information for the establishment of common transport service. The form for the submission of the information is available on the Logistics cluster web page.
2. CLUSTER ACTIVITIES UPDATES:
- The next Yangoon Logistics Cluster meeting will be held tomorrow, Wednesday 14th May at 14.00 Yangoon time in WFP office.
- Please submit cargo forecast information to the cluster focal point, Rachida Abdelli (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. AIR TRANSPORT :
- The third report on cargo flights that have arrived into Myanmar and Thailand has been finalized and made available on the cluster webpage. The logistics cluster is asking participants to continue compile the suggested format and to provide related information.
- Discharging operations at Yangoon airport are hampered by limitation of handling equipment, fuel availability and worsening weather conditions. (DFID has offered to deploy aircraft handing equipment to WFP Yangoon including a high loader).
- Spanish cargo: ACF and IRC will be receiving the cargo and the Logistics Cluster is taking care of the organization of the transportation into Myanmar.
- Air Serv: is in the process to source different helicopters. Some of them are in stand by for positioning. They had a meeting with DCM yesterday to make some helicopters available for the Government of Myanmar as a donation.
- An aircraft coming from UAE carrying items for UNHCR arrived on the 13th May in Yangoon.
4. WATER TRANSPORT :
- Inland waterways are reported to be open. Boats of various capacities (average of 300 mt) are available from Yangon to Labutta.
- Warehouse (w/h): the cluster is working on the contracting of a w/h in the industrial area of Yangoon not far from the airport
- Labutta hub is operational, 2 w/hs are up and running other 4 will be set up. 3 others hubs will be build up when necessary in Kyong Mongay, Bogale and Pyanpon.
- The Cluster requested OCHA to continue follow up the issue of the Customs Clearance agreement, submitted by WFP, with the Maynmar government for UN and NGOs.